Creating my scrambled tofu vegan boat breakfast onboard for the first time. It’s just as easy to make onboard as at home. It has a texture and a creaminess like soft cooked eggs. Add Tabasco or Sriracha if you like it hot like me!
Ingredients (feel free to add or subtract as you prefer)
Per person (servings size for one)
- Organic Extra Firm Tofu (7oz or half of typical 14oz pkg)
- Onion 1/4 of a medium yellow onion
- Garlic 1-2 cloves
- Bell Pepper 1/4 pepper
- Zucchini squash 1/4 squash
- Jalapeno 1/4 pepper
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBS Veganaise or other vegan mayo
- Sriracha or Tabasco
- For a variation (+) Add Trader Joe’s Vegan Beefless Beef
- Veg Prep – Dice your vegetables to bite size chunks and mince your garlic then place vegetables in a bowl.
- Tofu Prep – Drain and squeeze tofu to eliminate extra water. Cut into small squares.
- In a medium sized skillet heat olive oil over medium heat then add veggies and stir to coat. Stir frequently to prevent sticking.
- After the onions become translucent add tofu and mix well. If tofu begins to stick add a little bit more olive oil.
- Sprinkle on the tumeric, black pepper, and cumin and mix to coat the tofu well.
- If you prefer a more egg like consistency, use a wooden spoon to smash the tofu squares.
- Continue to cook for 4-5 more minutes on low to medium heat.
- Remove from heat, spoon scrambled tofu into a bowl and add vegan mayo, tabasco or sriracha to taste!
- Enjoy your healthy vegan boat breakfast!